POSSIBLE QUESTIONS FOR A SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW WITH FOREIGNER EMPLOYERS
SELF EVALUATION AND DETERMINATION
1. Why are you seeking this position?
2. What makes you qualified for this position?
3. What can you do better than others?
4. Why should I employ you?
5. What qualifications do you have?
6. How long have you worked as a ———?
7. Why do you want this particular job?
8. Why do you think you are suitable person for this job?
9. Why do you think you can do this job well?
10. What can you do for us?
11. What skills do you have relevant to this job?
12. How would you describe yourself?
13. Why did you decide to apply for this position?
14. Why should we hire you?
15. How did you handle your self at times when the job was demanding?
16. What are your strength / weakness?
17. What is necessary to be a good ———?
18. What kind of person you are?
19. What do you see yourself doing five or ten years from now?
20. Do you have accomplishments you are proud of?
21. Would you like to make a career with our company?
22. Are you looking for seasonal or long-term employment?
23. If you were hiring someone for this job, what qualities would you look for?
24. What your staff from your previous position would say about you?
REASONS AND MOTIVES
1. What attracted you to this job?
2. How does your education prepare you for your chosen field of work?
3. What appeals to you about this position and/or this company?
4. What did you dislike most about your previous job/company?
5. What motivates you in a job and in your personal life?
6. What educational backgrounds do you have?
7. How did you choose this occupation?
8. How did you prepare for this interview?
9. Would you like to stay in America?
10. Do you have relatives or friends aboard?
11. Have you ever applied to any other cruise liners companies?
12. What other companies have you approached?
13. Why do you want to leave your current job?
14. What are your salary expectations at the moment? And five years from now?
15. How much would you like to earn?
16. What do you know about our company?
17. How did you find out about cruise liners?
18. Do you know anybody who is working on cruise liners?
19. Explain how you work as part of a team.
20. Why do you want to leave your present job?
1. Describe your working place.
2. Describe your last job.
3. What were your duties and responsibilities?
4. Describe your typical day.
5. Describe your the best/worst day.
6. How many persons did you serve?
7. How many hours a day did you work?
8. What was your working schedule?
9. What sort of duties did you enjoy the most?
10. What sort of duties did you enjoy the least?
11. In what ways do you think you can make a contribution to our department?
12. What were the relationships with the staff?
13. Why do you think it is important to know English?
14. Customers frequently create a great deal of pressure. What has been your experience in this area?
15. What would you do if your staff comes to work late regularly?
16. Have you ever been late for work? If so, how often?
17. What was wrong with your last employer?
18. You’ve changed jobs quite frequently, what assurances do we have that you will stay with us?
1. What do you like to do when you have free time?
2. Where did you spend your last weekend?
3. How did you get to this interview? How long did it take?
4. Are you healthy? Do you drink, smoke or use drugs?
5. What is the latest book you read?
6. Do you have a husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend? Will they let you go for such a long time?
7. How do you spend your spare time?
8. What are you interested in?
9. Do you have hobbies?
10. How long have you been studying English?
11. Where did you studying English?
12. What do you value in life/people?
13. Do you have a dream?
14. What are your plans for future?